91 Windham Rd, Boscombe, Bournemouth BH1 4RN, United Kingdom
Mulugeta Yigzaw PO BOX 1150 Bahir Dar Ethiopia
Terms & Conditions
Contracts and agreements will be valid following hot Ras Ethiopia tours PLC confirmation of the booking by fax, e-mail or letter. At the time of confirmation on receiving signed of the tour agreement a deposit of 30% of the total cost is requested and deposit has to be paid as indicated in the tour payment invoice by bank transfer to our company bank account. We will issue you with a confirmation of booking which includes final itinerary and confirmed hotel list. No solid booking exists until signed and scan copy agreement is provided. The remaining amount of the total cost shall be paid on agreed due date before the commencement of the tour or upon arrival. Failure to pay the advance payment will result in cancelation of your booking.
• RET PLC or its subsidiary companies in the destination are not responsible for any consequences of delays or change in schedules of airlines, trains, or public bus- or boats used in its programs.
• RET PLC bookings are only guaranteed with payment made as per the agreemenits
• RET PLC is not responsible for over-bookings by a third party, as long as we can proof with sufficient written documentation that overbooking has been the error of the third party. If the confirmed accommodation is not available for any other reason mentioned in the above we will provide the best possible alternative, in the same level standards or higher. If such accommodations are not available, we will compensate by upgrading accommodations in another location. In case of overbooking by fault of a third party, we will do our best to negotiate a settlement to satisfaction of affected clients (here in after also referred to as "traveler") with third party, but will not be responsible if such settlement cannot be reached
RET PLC may arrange and safeguard allotments for series, or ad-hoc groups. Such allotments may be subject to deposit payments as indicated in the above unless otherwise stated, we need a complete name- and rooming list not later than 30 days before the commencement of the tour which will be used to reconfirm the allotment. Failure to produce such a list in time may cause the cancellation of the allotment. After the allotment has been reconfirmed any last minute bookings or amendments will be added subject to
RET PLC Responsibility and Liability
• RET PLC is liable to passenger’s transportation, all vehicles we used during the trip has comprehensive insurance. All claims are subject to the jurisdiction preside over the court and laws of Ethiopia. The entire employees of RET PLC will accomplish all service as agreed for every client to the best of our ability with every possible care is taken to safeguard you and your property throughout the trip, If you have any complaint during the trip, contact our head office in Addis Ababa immediately we will do our best to solve the problem. However, RET PLC can’t be held responsible for cancellations in case of unrest, war or natural disasters and over-bookings made by third parties such as hotels, airlines, boat trip providers.
• RET PLC accepts no liability for loss or damage of any personal effects. We will dispose our best efforts to assist visitors when dealing with third parties such as hotels, air lines and other transport companies and travel agents. Howeverai RET PLC cannot be held responsible for any loss or harm such as sickness, injury, thefts, death or additional costs incurred due to denied boarding, overbooking, cancellation or delay caused by the third party.
• RET PLC and its agents act only as agents of passengers in all matters relating to hotel accommodation, transport of tour by air, boat or any other means, and it shall not be liable for injury, flight schedule changes or delay, loss or damage arising from any cause and in any manner whatsoparty.
• RET PLC’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of Ethiopia, and all claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the court of Ethiopia in which the cause of action arises.
• RET PLC reserves the right to employ subcontractors whenever necessary to carry out all or any part of the services agreed to be supplied, and in any event of the exercise of such right the terms of clause (S) related to
• RET’s liability shall apply.
• Whilst every care is taken, RET PLC cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of baggage or other personal belongings during both international and domestic flights.
• RET PLC defines Force Majeure as: "Any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of a party which prevent or impede the due performance of our services including but not limited to war or hostilities; riot or civil commotion; epidemic; earthquake, flood or other natural disaster. We shall not be responsible and/or liable for costs or missed opportunity due to changes and/or cancellations in the program or part(s) thereof due to Force Majoterm
• RET PLC accepts complaints on the services provided by our staff or its subsidiary offices without any delay. Any complaint not reported to us locally, will not be taken in consideration at any later stage. If a complaint is reported by traveler and cannot be resolved locally, local Tour Operator will be notified and it will be handled between our companies. It is unlikely that complaints cannot be settled amicably between us. However, should there be disputes, we reserve the right to limit and offer any goodwill refund.
Travelers Responsibility and Liability
• Travelers are responsible for having proper travel documents, such as a valid passport with enough pages, the proper visas, necessary passport pictures and any necessary health, vaccination or inoculation certificates, counsel your doctor before your trip is advised.
• Travelers are responsible to have proper and adequate travel insurance for the duration of the trip.
Payment is due on the date specified as "due date" on the invoice.
• Deposits needed to secure certain reservations, such as domestic flights, cruises and hotel allotments will be communicated first, and may in some cases be invoiced with a separate due date
• We reserve the right to cancel any arrangements with advance notification if payments have not been received by the due date.
• Payment can be made through bank transfer, in cash, traveler cheque or other methods of payment with advance discussion
Time of notice for cancellation is counted upon local time receipt of written notification on working days only. Our office is open daily, expect on Sundays and on the public holidays, see detail public holidays from travel tips section
Cancellation of confirmed individual bookings
•Up to 30 days before start of the trip, following cost will be applied a fee of 5% of the total tour cost would be levied as administration and handling charges.
• Between 30 days and 15 days before start of the trip subjected a penalty of 30% of the total tour costs
• Between 14 days and 72 hours before start of the trip subjected a cancellation fee of 50% of the total tour cost
• Less than 72 hours before the commencement of the trip subject payment of 100% of the total cost of the tour
Cancellation of participant(s) on a confirmed group
• Up to 30 days before start of the trip 15% of the total tour costs
• Between 30-15 days before start of the trip 30% of the total tour costs
• Between 14- 3 days before start of the trip subjected a penalty of 50% of the total tour costs
• Less than 72 hours before the commencement of the trip subject a payment of 100% of the total cost of the tour
We reserve the right to give no refund in case of cancellation of the remaining program, in full or partial, by the travelers after they started the tour, we advice our travelers to include trip cancellation insurance for their entire trip.
Tour prices will be provided upon request. All prices are not fixed, except fixed departure or joining group trips. The price of the trip depend on your service preferences including accommodation level standard, meal plan preference, guiding service option, international airlines carrier arrival, kind of ground transportation choice depending on the route you travel current fuel prices and currency exchange rates
In RET PLC has the right to adjust an earlier given price up to 35 days before commencement of the tour. After payment of the total tour price by the client(s), no price adjustment will be made.
Tour packages/ Itineraries
We provide variety of recommended tour packages/itineraries in our tour package menu. However, abundant types of tours that suit the traveler’s preference, interests, time frame, budget and convenience can be organized upon request. Our best suggested combined tour packages are ideal for full understanding.
Travelers are responsible to have proper and adequate travel insurance for the duration of the trip with trip cancellation insurance. RET PLC will not be liable for your travel insurance but, our company use insured transportation throughout the trip. The insurance policy works according to the Ethiopian government law.
RET PLC is responsive to all types of tour request that may come from all over the world. Based on traveler detail requests and service preferences we provide detail and prompt response that suit travelers inquire.
For regular tours and safaris, minibuses, coaches & 4X4s /SUVs will be provided according to the route, number of participants and travels choice agreement up on communication. All vehicles we used during the trip are comprehensively insured.
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and other languages speaking professional Ethiopian guides will be provided up on a prior request and confirmation at the time of travel.
RET PLC is open for any flexibility and amendment in the tour package or mode of transportation in all possible circumstances to satisfy customer interest with advance notification either from our side or client’s side as long as it doesn’t incur any additional costs. All amendments would be subject to availability and confirmation from third parties and SET PLC would not be responsible for any inconvenience due to local circumstances or events, which may include sickness or mechanical breakdown, high season or over booking, flight cancellations, and events from political disputes like strikes, climate & other unpredictable or unforeseeable situation beyond the control of RET PLC.